The 3rd IEEE International Workshop on High-Performance Interconnection Networks in the Exascale and Big-Data Era
To be held in conjunction with the IEEE HPCA Conference
Austin, TX, USA, 5 February 2017
The main goal of the third edition of HiPINEB is to gather and discuss in a full-day event the latest and most prominent efforts and advances, both from industry and academia, in the design and development of scalable high-performance interconnection networks, especially those oriented to meet the Exascale challenge and Big-data demands.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
The list of topics covered by this workshop includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Interconnect architectures and network technologies for high-speed, low-latency interconnects.
- Scalable network topologies, suitable for interconnecting a huge number of nodes.
- Power saving policies in the interconnect devices and network infrastructure, both at software and hardware level.
- Good practices in the configuration of the network control software.
- Network communication protocols: MPI, RDMA, MapReduce, etc.
- APIs and support for programming models.
- Routing algorithms.
- Quality of Service (QoS).
- Reliability and Fault tolerance.
- Load balancing and traffic scheduling.
- Network Virtualization.
- Congestion Management.
- Applications and Traffic characterization.
- Modeling and simulation tools.
- Performance Evaluation.
- Interfacing accelerators through the interconnect (GPUs, Xeon Phi, etc).
- Network infrastructure in distributed storage, distributed databases and Big-Data.
Further details are provided in the Call for Papers Section.
Best papers among those selected for HiPINEB 2017 will be published in a Journal Special Issue. The selected journal is Wiley’s Concurrency and Computation: Practice & Experience. Further details are provided HERE
|Submission Opens:||20 September 2016|
|Paper submission due:||
7 December 2016
|Notification of acceptance:||3 January 2017|
|Early Registration due:||6 January 2017|
|Camera-ready papers due:||10 January 2017|
|Workshop’s date:||5 February 2017|
- Pedro Javier Garcia, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
- Jesus Escudero-Sahuquillo, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
- Jose Duato, Technical University of Valencia, Spain
- Francisco Jose Quiles, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
- Torsten Hoefler, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Timothy M. Pinkston, University of Southern California, USA
- Eitan Zahavi, Mellanox, Israel