CCPE Special Issue on Trends in High-Performance Interconnection Networks in the Exascale and Big-Data Era 2017 (HiPINEB2017)
Best papers among those selected for HiPINEB 2017 will be invited to submit a paper to a CCPE Journal Special Issue with impact factor: 0.942. In addition, we also encourage to submit a paper to this special issue to all researchers and professionals, both from industry and academia, working in the area of interconnection networks for scalable HPC systems and Datacenters, and especially those involved in Exascale performance and Big-Data.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
The list of topics covered by this workshop includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Interconnect architectures and network technologies for high-speed, low-latency interconnects.
- Scalable network topologies, suitable for interconnecting a huge number of nodes.
- Power saving policies in the interconnect devices and network infrastructure, both at software and hardware level.
- Good practices in the configuration of the network control software.
- Network communication protocols: MPI, RDMA, MapReduce, etc.
- APIs and support for programming models.
- Routing algorithms.
- Quality of Service (QoS).
- Reliability and Fault tolerance.
- Load balancing and traffic scheduling.
- Network Virtualization.
- Congestion Management.
- Applications and Traffic characterization.
- Modeling and simulation tools.
- Performance Evaluation.
- Interfacing accelerators through the interconnect (GPUs, Xeon Phi, etc).
- Network infrastructure in distributed storage, distributed databases and Big-Data.
Note, however, that papers focused on topics that are too far from the design, development and configuration of high-performance interconnects for HPC systems and Datacenters (e.g., mobile networks, intrusion detection, peer-to-peer networks or grid/cloud computing) will be automatically considered as out of scope and rejected without review.
This is an open call for contributions, but also invites extended selected papers from the 3rd IEEE Workshop on High-Performance Interconnection Networks in the Exascale and Big-Data Era (HiPINEB 2017).
- Extended versions of conference papers must contain at least 50% new content.
- It is expected that submissions will align with the topics of interest to the above conference, and any questions about the scope of the special issue should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manuscripts should not exceed 25 pages in length and must be prepared for publication according to the journal’s Author Guidelines (Wiley template).
- Papers should be submitted via Manuscript Central to special issue “HiPINEB2017”.
- Paper Submission Due:
June 30, 2017July 10, 2017
- Notification of Acceptance:
July 30, 2017September 30, 2017
- Revised version Submission:
September 30, 2017November 24, 2017
- Estimated publication date: First quarter 2018 (tentative)