By the year 2023, High-Performance Computing (HPC) Systems are expected to break the performance barrier of the Exaflop (10^18 FLOPS) while their power consumption is kept at current levels (or incremented marginally), what is known as the Exascale challenge. In addition, more storage capacity and data-access speed are demanded to HPC clusters and data centers to manage and store huge amounts of data produced by software applications, what is known as the Big-Data challenge. Indeed, both the Exascale and Big-Data challenges are driving the technological revolution of this decade, motivating big research and development efforts from industry and academia.
In this context, the interconnection network plays an essential role in the architecture of HPC systems and data centers, as the number of processing or storage nodes to be interconnected in these systems is very likely to grow significantly to meet the higher computing and storage demands.
The main goal of HiPINEB workshops is to gather and discuss the latest and most prominent efforts and advances, both from industry and academia, in the design and development of scalable high-performance interconnection networks, especially those oriented towards meeting the Exascale challenge and Big-data demands.
List of HiPINEB workshops
- HiPINEB 2015 (1st Edition), Chicago, IL, USA (in conjunction with IEEE Cluster 2015)
- HiPINEB 2016 (2nd Edition), Barcelona, Spain (in conjunction with IEEE HPCA 2016)
- HiPINEB 2017 (3rd Edition), Austin, TX, USA (in conjunction with IEEE HPCA 2017)
- HiPINEB 2018 (4th Edition), Vienna, Austria (in conjunction with IEEE HPCA 2018)
- HiPINEB 2019 (5th Edition), Washington D.C., USA (in conjunction with IEEE HPCA 2019)
Journal Special Issues
- Journal of Supercomputing. Special Section on High-Performance Interconnection Networks for Exascale and Big Data (2016), Volume 72, Issue 12, December 2016 (link to the journal).
- Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience. Special Issue on Trends in High-Performance Interconnection Networks in the Exascale and Big-Data Era (2017), Volume 29, Issue 13, 10 July 2017 (link to the journal)
- Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience. Special Issue on Trends in High-Performance Interconnection Networks in the Exascale and Big-Data Era (2018), Volume 31, Issue 2, 25 January 2019 (link to the journal).
- Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing. Special Issue on Advanced Interconnection Network Architectures (AINA) for Supercomputers and Data-Centers (HiPINEB 2018). In production
- Summer School on High-Performance Interconnection Networks for HPC and Datacenters in the Exascale and Big-Data Era, Univerisity of Castilla-La Mancha, July 10-11, 2017, Albacete, Spain
For more information about HiPINEB activities or if you have any question, please contact the organizers at email@example.com