To be held in conjunction with the IEEE HPCA Conference
24 February 2018
Austria Trend Eventhotel Pyramide
Parkallee 2, 2334 Vösendorf
The main goal of the fourth edition of HiPINEB is to gather and discuss in a full-day event the latest and most prominent efforts and advances, from both industry and academia, in the design and development of scalable high-performance interconnection networks, especially those oriented to meet the Exascale challenge and Big-data demands.
- Keynote titled “The three L’s in modern high-performance networking: Low latency, Low cost, Low processing load”, will be given by Torsten Hoefler, ETH Zürich
- Selected papers will be invited to submit and extended version to a Special Issue of Elsevier Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC)
- Panel session: “Industrial perspective of high-speed communication technology evolution”
TOPICS OF INTEREST
The list of topics covered by this workshop includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Interconnect architectures and network technologies for high-speed, low-latency interconnects.
- Scalable network topologies, suitable for interconnecting a huge number of nodes.
- Power saving policies in the interconnect devices and network infrastructure, both at software and hardware level.
- Good practices in the configuration of the network control software.
- Network communication protocols: MPI, RDMA, MapReduce, etc.
- APIs and support for programming models.
- Routing algorithms.
- Quality of Service (QoS).
- Reliability and Fault tolerance.
- Load balancing and traffic scheduling.
- Network Virtualization.
- Congestion Management.
- Applications and Traffic characterization.
- Modeling and simulation tools.
- Performance Evaluation.
- Interfacing accelerators through the interconnect (GPUs, Xeon Phi, etc).
- Network infrastructure in distributed storage, distributed databases and Big-Data.
Furthermore, short papers in the above topics will be also taken into consideration, as long as they are based on emerging ideas, work-in-progress and early, high-impact achievements.
Note, however, that papers focused on topics that are too far from the design, development and configuration of high-performance interconnects for HPC systems and Datacenters (e.g., mobile networks, intrusion detection, peer-to-peer networks or grid/cloud computing) will be automatically considered as out of scope and rejected without review.
Best papers among those selected for HiPINEB 2018 will be invited to submit and extended version to the Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC), Elsevier, 2016 Impact Factor: 1.930. Further details provided soon in here.
|Submission Opens:||October 20, 2017|
|Paper submission due:|
|Notification of acceptance:||February 3, 2018|
|Early Registration due:||January 15, 2018 (HPCA website)|
|Camera-ready papers due:||February 6, 2018|
|Workshop’s date:||February 24, 2018|
- Pedro Javier Garcia, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
- Jesus Escudero-Sahuquillo, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
- Jose Duato, Technical University of Valencia, Spain
- Francisco Jose Quiles, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
- Torsten Hoefler, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Timothy M. Pinkston, University of Southern California, USA
- Eitan Zahavi, Mellanox, Israel
For more information about HiPINEB 2018 or if you have any question, please contact the workshop organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org