Special Issue on Advanced Interconnection Network Architectures (AINA) for Supercomputers and Data-Centers – HiPINEB 2018
Best papers among those selected for HiPINEB 2018 will be invited to submit and extended version to the Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC), Elsevier, 2016 Impact Factor: 1.930.
The special issue details have been published in the JPDC website.
* Pedro Javier Garcia, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
* Jesus Escudero-Sahuquillo, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
Best papers among those selected for HiPINEB 2018 will be invited to submit a paper to a Journal Special Issue on the Elsevier’s Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC) with impact factor: 1.930 (JCR 2016). In addition, we also encourage to submit a paper to this special issue to all researchers and professionals, both from industry and academia, working in the area of interconnection networks for scalable HPC systems and Datacenters, and especially those involved in Exascale performance and Big-Data.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
The list of topics covered by this Special Issue includes, but is not limited to, the following:
* Interconnect architectures and network technologies for high-speed, low-latency interconnects.
* Scalable network topologies, suitable for interconnecting a huge number of nodes.
* Power saving policies in the interconnect devices and network infrastructure, both at software and hardware level.
* Emerging ideas, work-in-progress and early, high-impact achievements.
* Good practices in the configuration of the network control software.
* Network communication protocols: MPI, RDMA, Hadoop, etc.
* APIs and support for programming models.
* Routing algorithms.
* Quality of Service (QoS).
* Reliability and Fault tolerance.
* Load balancing and traffic scheduling.
* Network Virtualization.
* Congestion Management.
* Applications and Traffic characterization.
* Modeling and simulation tools.
* Performance Evaluation.
Note, however, that papers focused on topics that are too far from the design, development and configuration of high-performance interconnects for HPC systems and Datacenters (e.g., mobile networks, intrusion detection, peer-to-peer networks or grid/cloud computing) will be automatically considered as out of scope and rejected without review.
* First submission date: March 1, 2018
* Submission Deadline: May 30, 2018
* Acceptance deadline: Feburary 28, 2019
* Estimated publication date: April 30, 2019 (tentative)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
This is an open call for contributions, but also invites extended selected papers from the 4rd IEEE Workshop on High-Performance Interconnection Networks in the Exascale and Big-Data Era (HiPINEB 2018).
- Extended versions of conference papers must contain at least 50% new content.
- To submit a paper you must go to this website: https://ees.elsevier.com/jpdc and login with your credentials. In the “Choose Article Type” Box, you must choose the option “VSI: AINA”
- Each manuscript should be accompanied by a cover letter outlining the basic findings of the paper and their significance.
- Manuscripts should be no longer than 35 double-spaced pages, not including the title page, abstract, or references. Number all pages consecutively and organize the paper as follows:
- Title page (page 1). This page should contain the article title, authors’ names and complete affiliations, footnotes to the title, and the address for manuscript correspondence (including e-mail address and telephone and fax numbers).
- Abstract (page 2). The abstract must be a single paragraph that summarizes the main findings of the paper in less than 150 words.
- After the abstract a list of up to 10 keywords that will be useful for indexing or searching should be included.
Authors must read the guide for authors in the following link: http://www.elsevier.com/journals/journal-of-parallel-and-distributed-computing/0743-7315?generatepdf=true
For more information about this special issue or if you have any question, please contact
the guest editors at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com