The main goal of this workshop is to gather and discuss, in a full-day event, the latest and groundbreaking advances in the design, development and configuration of scalable high-performance interconnection networks, especially those oriented towards meeting the Exascale challenge and Big-data demands. All researchers and professionals, both from industry and academia, working in the area of interconnection networks for scalable HPC systems and Datacenters are encouraged to submit an original paper to the workshop and to attend this event.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
The list of topics covered by this workshop includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- High-speed, low-latency interconnect architectures and technologies
- Scalable network topologies, suitable for interconnecting a very large number of nodes
- Power saving policies and techniques in interconnect components and network infrastructure, at both the software and hardware levels
- Innovative configuration of the network control software
- High-performance frameworks for distributed applications: MPI, RDMA, Hadoop, etc.
- APIs and support for programming models
- Routing algorithms
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Reliability and Fault tolerance
- Load balancing and traffic scheduling
- Network Virtualization
- Congestion Management
- Applications and Traffic characterization
- Modeling and simulation tools
- Performance Evaluation
Note, however, that papers focused on topics that are too far from the design, development and configuration of high-performance interconnects for HPC systems and Datacenters (e.g., mobile networks, intrusion detection, peer-to-peer networks or grid/cloud computing) will be automatically considered as out of scope and rejected without review.
Authors are entitled to submit original papers of high technical quality, according to the list of topics described above (see guidelines at Submission section). Papers will be reviewed based on originality, novelty, technical strength, presentation quality, correctness and relevance to the conference scope. Papers will be published in the IEEE Cluster 2015 proceedings, which will be submitted for indexing and inclusion in Xplore and CSDL.
Best papers among those selected for HiPINEB 2015 will be published in a Special Issue of the Springer’s Journal of Supercomputing (2013 Impact Factor: 0.841). Further information will be provided soon.
- Submission Open: March 3, 2015
- Paper submission:
May 25, 2015June 12, 2015
- Notification of acceptance:
July 3, 2015July 19, 2015
- Camera-ready papers due: August 1, 2015
- Workshop date: Sep 8, 2015
All deadlines are set at 11:59 p.m. anywhere on Earth: http://wirelessman.org/aoe.html